Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Ramblings Associated with Detoxing

Weird. I have been off the wagon diet-wise for a little while now. Between people bringing holiday snacks in to work and my own sadness missing my son and all, I really haven't been watching what I eat at all for the past week and a half. The exciting thing about me admitting this is that last night I took a good look at myself, my hands and feet were swollen beyond belief, my stomach distended, and I've just been lazy and headache-y since last Thursday and I knew for certain that diet was the reason for this. I immediately decided today was the day I get back on track, and absolutely couldn't wait to get started! What a better way to do it than to eat nothing but fruits and vegetables for the next 24 hours!!

The mind-blowing thing to me is how I feel today. I just feel light and energized. I question why in the world I don't do this all the time because I just feel amazing!

More or less, I just had to put this in writing so the next time I find myself struggling with not being able to stop eating junk, I can take a look at this and see that it will only make me feel miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment